Welcome back to our Tuesday segment, where we’ll be revisiting some of our most popular posts from the last few years. What’s stayed the same? And what’s changed? We’ll be updating you on the facts, and taking a new (and hopefully refreshing) angle on a few timeless classics of Self Publishing Advisor.
Contests are one of the best ways for self-publishing authors to promote their book and improve their credibility. If you want to increase your book’s exposure and prove that you are an accomplished writer, check out the 2013 Global Ebook Awards. This contest does more than just offer an award sticker to put on your book’s cover; it is truly a great way to market your book and self.
By entering your ebook, you will receive the following benefits:
- An official Nominee “sticker” on your ebook cover, website, Amazon page, and promotion materials
- A free listing in Publishing Poynters Marketplace, offering copies of your book for reviews on prestigious ebook dealers’ sites such as Amazon.com, Barnes&Noble.com, and others
- The Global Ebook Awards comes with a six-step publicity program. Each week, they show you how to publicize your ebook.
- Media coverage for your book and you
- Winners and finalists will be listed on the official Global Ebook Awards site.
- Winners and finalists are eligible to receive Global Ebook Award certificates attesting to their honor.
- Winners will be announced to the media in news releases.
- Discounts on video trailers for YouTube, Amazon, and your website
- Discounts on other services for authors and publishers
- And much more…
To be eligible, your book must have been released anytime in 2011, 2012, or 2013. The application deadline is March 12, 2013, but it is recommended that you submit your ebook as soon as possible.
To learn more, visit http://globalebookawards.com/.
– by Wendy Stetina
Once in a while, it’s worth reassuring ourselves that just because the normal state of self-publishing is one of change–that the definitions of publishing and authorship are moving targets–some things do remain constant. And Dan Poynter’s Legacy Award for the 2016 Global eBook Awards is one of those things!
You heard me: he’s still at it! Three years the older and wiser, Poynter’s award remains a benchmark for ebook success, and I have some additional good news:
Registration is open.
That means you should submit your book, by the way. Because I know, and you know, that your book deserves a chance to shine in the international arena–and I know, and you know, that one of the best ways to reach new audiences is to flesh out your marketing plan with a competition (or two, or three!) of strategic importance. This is one of those strategically important opportunities, and really, the rewards are worth the effort.
The winnings have changed a little, but they’re even more splendid than ever. To quote Poynter’s website, in addition to an award in any of eight “best-of” categories and dozens (no literally, dozens!) of fiction and nonfiction categories, participants also receive the following benefits:
- Putting an official “sticker” on your ebook cover, pbook cover, blog, website and promotion materials.
- Winners will be announced to the media via social media and news feeds.
- Six ebook Promotional “Lessons”
- Everyone receives an official “nominee sticker” for their ebook cover or for other use.
- An invitation to the Global Ebook Awards Winner’s Reception in Santa Barbara, CA
- Winners will be listed on the official Global Ebook Awards site.
- Winners will be eligible to purchase Global Ebook Award certificates attesting to their honor.
- Discounts on ebook setup, conversions, and website development.
- Discounts on other services for authors and publishers.
Entry is $79 USD per category but there are discount offers available, and if you miss out on this year’s registration it may be well worth budgeting the expense for next year! The 2016 awards are open to any books published 2014 and onward, so it would stand to reason that the next round of awards in 2017 will be open to books published from 2015 onward. Your book may still qualify next year!
For more information on this year’s round of awards, check out the Global eBook Awards website and registration page. And make sure to update us if you enter! We’ll track your progress and be your cheer squad along the way. We hope to see your book on the winner’s lists!
Thanks for reading. If you have any other ideas, I’d love to hear them. Drop me a line in the comments section below and I’ll respond as quickly as I can. ♠
|ABOUT KELLY SCHUKNECHT: Kelly Schuknecht is the Executive Vice President of Outskirts Press. In addition to her contributions to the Outskirts Press blog at blog.outskirtspress.com, Kelly and a group of talented marketing experts offer book marketing services, support, and products to not only published Outskirts Press authors, but to all authors and professionals who are interested in marketing their books and/or careers. Learn more about Kelly on her blog, kellyschuknecht.com.|