Contests are a great way to gain positive publicity for your book and increase your credibility as an author. One of my favorite awards for self-published authors is The Eric Hoffer Book Award. Here is all of the information you need to enter.
The Eric Hoffer Book Award recognizes excellence in publishing. A single registration gives you six ways to win: by genre, press, the Montaigne Medal, the da Vince Eye, the First Horizon Award, and the Hoffer grand prize. There is a category for every book.
* $2,000 Grand Prize (The Eric Hoffer Award for Books)
* Winner of the Montaigne Medal for the most thought-provoking books
* Winner of the da Vinci Eye for best covers
* Winner of the First Horizon Award for debut authors
* Winner and First Runner-Up awarded for every category
* Honorable Mentions for every category
* Individual Awards for Micro, Small, and Academic Presses, as well as Self-Published Books
* Coverage in The US Review of Books (www.theUSreview.com) and on http://www.HofferAward.com
* Gold Seal Certificates
* Worldwide Exposure
> Categories: Art, Poetry, General Fiction, Commercial Fiction, Children, Young Adult, Culture, Memoir, Business, Reference, Home, Health, Self-Help/Spiritual, Legacy Fiction, Legacy Nonfiction, E-book Fiction, and E-book Nonfiction.
- Entry deadline is January 21, 2013.
- Awards are open to academic, independent, small press, and self-published books that were released or copyrighted in the last 2 years, including unique books with small print runs. (Books over 2 years old may enter the Legacy Fiction or Legacy Nonfiction category.)
- For each entry, submit the book, entry form, and $50 fee (check, money order, or Internet payment receipt) to Hopewell Publications, LLC, PO Box 11, Titusville, NJ 08560. Be certain to specify award category and press type. Registration will be confirmed via e-mail. In May, all entrants will be notified of winners. Submissions must be postmarked by January 21, 2013.
- Judges may include authors, editors, agents, publishers, book producers, artists, experienced category readers, and health and business professionals. Note: The contest is closed to the staff of Hopewell Publications and previous WNBA winning entries. At the low entrance fee, it is not feasible to provide judge’s critiques for each entry.
To learn more and enter your book, visit www.HofferAward.com.
|ABOUT WENDY STETINA: Wendy Stetina is a sales and marketing professional with over 30 years experience in the printing and publishing industry. Wendy works as the Director of Author Services for Outskirts Press. The Author Services Department is composed of knowledgeable customer service reps and publishing consultants; and together, they all focus on educating authors on the self-publishing process in order to help them publish the book of their dreams. Whether you are a professional looking to take your career to the next level with platform-driven non-fiction, or a novelist seeking fame, fortune, and/or personal fulfillment, Wendy Stetina can put you on the right path.|