It is back to school time! Now that summer is over, it’s time to get back the business of promoting your book. Here are five easy ways to promote your book this month:
- I’m a little late this month, but Labor Day was on Monday. What better to do on Labor Day than sit back with a cup of coffee and a nice book to read? Remember that next year. 😉 Labor Day weekend is a great time to ask friends, colleagues and other potential book reviewers to read your book and write a review for you.
- Make a list of local independent bookstores you will visit to pitch your book or author event. To find your local independent bookstores, visit http://www.indiebound.org/indie-store-finder
- Create a CD Media Kit to send out to the media and book buyers. Be sure to include a high resolution image of your cover, an author bio, synopsis, any recent press and your contact information.
- The Beijing Book Fair takes place September 29th through October 2nd. Even if you’re not travelling to Beijing this month, pay attention to the buzz in the publishing industry and keep yourself informed about what’s going on throughout the event.
- Use FreeConference.com to record your own teleseminar. You can do this to promote your current book – present on a topic related to your subject matter – or record yourself discussing a different topic and have the recording transcribed into your next book!
DISCUSSION: How are you planning to promote YOUR book this month?
|ABOUT KELLY SCHUKNECHT:
Kelly Schuknecht works as the Vice President of Outskirts Press. In addition to her contributions to the Outskirts Press blog at blog.outskirtspress.com, Kelly and a group of talented marketing experts offer book marketing services, support, and products to not only published Outskirts Press authors, but to all authors and professionals who are interested in marketing their books and/or careers. Learn more about Kelly on her blog at http://kellyschuknecht.com.