Summer is almost over and temperatures are scorching! During the shuffle of end-of-summer vacations and back to school preparations, don’t forget to keep promoting your book whenever you can. Here are five easy ways to promote your book this month:
- Book Lover’s Day is August 9th. Check your newspaper for local events. If you can’t find any, consider planning something at your local library. Perhaps a reading from a local author?
- Create a Book Video to promote your book. Upload it to YouTube and then share it on all of our social networks (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Google+). For more ideas on book video marketing, read these five ways to use videos in your book marketing efforts.
- If your book was published in 2010 or 2011, enter it into the USA “Best Book” Awards by August 31st.
- Back to school time! If your book is educational, contact schools/teachers about using your book in their class this year or contact local bookstores who may feature educational fare around this time of year. If you have written a Children’s book, contact local elementary school teachers to inquire about coming in to read your book to their class.
- It’s never too early to plan ahead. Start planning your fall and winter promotional schedule now. Consider school and holiday events (Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) that might present an opportunity for you to promote your book and register for them now, order the promotional materials you will need (such as business cards, bookmarks, posters, etc.), and begin stocking up on copies of your book to give away during the holidays.
DISCUSSION: How are you planning to promote YOUR book this month?
|ABOUT KELLY SCHUKNECHT:
Kelly Schuknecht works as the Vice President of Outskirts Press. In addition to her contributions to the Outskirts Press blog at blog.outskirtspress.com, Kelly and a group of talented marketing experts offer book marketing services, support, and products to not only published Outskirts Press authors, but to all authors and professionals who are interested in marketing their books and/or careers. Learn more about Kelly on her blog at http://kellyschuknecht.com.