National Poetry Month is the largest literary celebration in the world. Every April, tens of millions of readers, students, teachers, librarians, booksellers, literary events curators, publishers, bloggers, and, of course, poets celebrate poetry’s important place in our culture and our lives. You can help spread awareness about the importance of poetry by self-publishing and promoting your own work. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Get your book reviewed. There are various sites and publications that provide book reviews. Some self-publishing companies can also assist you in this endeavor. Book reviews are a great way to promote your book and gain creditability.
2. Enter a book award contest. This is another great way to promote your book and gain creditability.
3. Get interviewed. Contact local news and radio stations and tell them about National Poetry month and your book.
4. Don’t forget social media. Sites like Facebook and Twitter are excellent for book promotion and sharing news about important events such as National Poetry Month.
5. Set up book signing events. Look for events in your area or contact local bookstores and other venues.
To learn more about National Poetry Month, visit http://www.poets.org/national-poetry-month/national-poetry-month-faq.
|ABOUT JODEE THAYER: With over 25 years of experience in sales and management, Jodee Thayer works as the Director of Author Services for Outskirts Press. The Author Services Department is composed of knowledgeable customer service reps and publishing consultants; together, they all focus on educating authors on the self-publishing process in order to help them publish the book of their dreams. Whether you are a professional looking to take your career to the next level with platform-driven non-fiction or a novelist seeking fame, fortune, and/or personal fulfillment, Jodee Thayer can put you on the right path.|