In honor of Earth Day yesterday (April 22, 2014), you may be looking for ways you can help protect our planet and preserve our precious resources. Self-publishing is a great option for eco-conscious authors. Many self-published companies offer “green” services and technology. Here is why self-publishing is the most environmentally friendly publishing choice.
- Self-published ebooks save trees because they are paperless. Saving trees is important for not only maintaining the beauty of our land, but also the health.
- Paperback or hardcover copies can be printed on recycled paper or paper made from sustainable resources. Contact your self-publishing company to learn more.
- The print-on-demand model is the most resource-efficient way to publish. It eliminates warehousing, returns and pulping.
- Self-publishing allows you to publish books on topics related to the environment. You could share green living tips, inform readers about problems in the environment, or just use green topics as the basis for a novel.
- Some self-publishing companies use alternative energy sources and support eco-friendly organizations.
To learn more about the eco-conscious options available from your self-publishing company, talk to self-publishing support team.
I’d love to know, how do you plan to use self-publishing to protect the environment?
|ABOUT KELLY SCHUKNECHT: Kelly Schuknecht is the Vice President of Outskirts Press. In addition to her contributions to the Outskirts Press blog at blog.outskirtspress.com, Kelly and a group of talented marketing experts offer book marketing services, support, and products to not only published Outskirts Press authors, but to all authors and professionals who are interested in marketing their books and/or careers. Learn more about Kelly on her blog at http://kellyschuknecht.com.|