Summer is here and temperatures are high! While you’re sitting by the pool or at the beach, don’t forget about the importance of marketing your book. Here are five ideas for promoting your book this month:
- Fourth of July. If your book is about America, patriotism, US government or a similar topic, you may have lots of opportunities to promote your book to people over this holiday weekend. Get involved in a local parade or book fair. Check your newspaper for local events.
- Speaking of local, do you have a niche book? Think about local shops whose clientele might be interested in your book. Can you put a copy in their waiting area? Would they be interested in selling copies in their shop? Prepare a pitch and contact them. You’ll never know until you ask.
- Going on vacation this month? Be sure to carry business cards with you at all times so you can hand them out when you meet new people and have an opportunity to mention your book.
- Create a Facebook Page for your book. You can do this in 6 easy steps.
- Start thinking about the Beijing and Frankfurt Book Fairs coming up. Now is the time to register.
DISCUSSION: How are you planning to promote YOUR book this month?
|ABOUT KELLY SCHUKNECHT:
Kelly Schuknecht works as the Vice President of Outskirts Press. In addition to her contributions to the Outskirts Press blog at blog.outskirtspress.com, Kelly and a group of talented marketing experts offer book marketing services, support, and products to not only published Outskirts Press authors, but to all authors and professionals who are interested in marketing their books and/or careers. Learn more about Kelly on her blog at http://kellyschuknecht.com.