Earlier this week, Wendy introduced you to NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), which takes place between November 1 and November 30. In case you missed the post, let me catch you up: NaNoWriMo is a program that challenges you write a 50,000 word novel in one month. Yes, one month! This challenge is perfect for self publishing authors who need an extra push to help bring their book idea to life. Here is how you can become a part of this exciting writing challenge.
1) Visit NaNoWriMo.org to sign up. The site features easy to follow directions, so you should have no trouble setting up your account.
2) Once you are signed up, login to your account and share some information about yourself and your novel.
3) Take advantage of all the resources available. There are some great articles and forums featuring information and stories about writing a novel.
4) On November 1, start writing your novel. Think about it – 50,000 words in 30 days. That’s under 2,000 words per day (roughly 3-4 pages per day). You can do that, right?
5) Once you complete the novel, upload it to the website for verification. By doing so, you will be added to the Winner’s Page and receive a handsome winner’s certificate and web badge.
6) Enjoy that feeling of accomplishment and pride. You did it!
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up for NaNoWriMo today! Then come back and post comments below to let us know how it’s going.
|ABOUT KELLY SCHUKNECHT: Kelly Schuknecht is the Vice President of Outskirts Press. In addition to her contributions to the Outskirts Press blog at blog.outskirtspress.com, Kelly and a group of talented marketing experts offer book marketing services, support, and products to not only published Outskirts Press authors, but to all authors and professionals who are interested in marketing their books and/or careers. Learn more about Kelly on her blog at http://kellyschuknecht.com.|