Summer has begun, but don’t forget to do something every day to promote your book! Here are five ideas for promoting a book in June:
- Flag Day is June14th. From now until July 4th it’s a perfect time to promote books about America, patriotism, US government or similar topics.
- Set up a Twitter account and start networking. Learn about which hashtags to use and watch in this post: 10 Twitter Hashtags for Self-Publishing Book Marketing.
- The Annual Conference of the American Library Association (ALA) is taking place June 23-28 in New Orleans. To learn more about the ALA, visit www.ala.org.
- Father’s Day is June 19th. If your book is about parenting, fatherhood, family or a related topic, now is a good time to promote your book as a Father’s Day gift idea.
- Write a pitch letter to a radio or television producer following these tips: 1) Keep your letter short. 2) Include a “hook” to grab their attention. 3) Use bullet points. 4) Tell the producer what’s in it for them. 5) Be available to respond to his/her interest immediately. Find contact information for your local radio stations here: http://www.radio-locator.com/
DISCUSSION: How are you planning to promote YOUR book in June?
|ABOUT KELLY SCHUKNECHT:
Kelly Schuknecht works as the Director of Author Support for Outskirts Press. In addition to her contributions to the Outskirts Press blog at blog.outskirtspress.com, Kelly and a group of talented marketing experts offer book marketing services, support, and products to not only published Outskirts Press authors, but to all authors and professionals who are interested in marketing their books and/or careers. Learn more about Kelly on her blog at http://kellyschuknecht.com.