The American Library Association annual conference and exhibit will take place in Chicago starting June 27, 2013 until July 2, 2013. The event features a variety of exhibits, speakers, and networking opportunities. It is a great chance for self publishing authors to learn more about the publishing industry and network with other professionals. You can check out the schedule at http://ala13.ala.org/schedule-at-a-glance.
Annual registration and housing are now available. You can begin the registration process by visiting http://ala13.ala.org/schedule-at-a-glance. You must be registered for the event before booking your hotel room.
Some of the many benefits of attending the event include:
- Make your library more efficient
- Save your library time and money
- Better serve your library users
- Become a more effective library advocate
- Make your library network stronger
- Build a stronger reputation for your library
- Inject fresh energy, excitement, and professionalism into your work
- Become an excited, well-formed professional
If you attend this year’s ALA Conference, feel free to share your experience in the comments below!
|ABOUT KELLY SCHUKNECHT: Kelly Schuknecht is the Vice President of Outskirts Press. In addition to her contributions to the Outskirts Press blog at blog.outskirtspress.com, Kelly and a group of talented marketing experts offer book marketing services, support, and products to not only published Outskirts Press authors, but to all authors and professionals who are interested in marketing their books and/or careers. Learn more about Kelly on her blog at http://kellyschuknecht.com.|