I’d like to begin this week’s post by thanking the men and women who have served our country. Without your courage, dedication, and sacrifice, our country would not have the pleasures and privileges many of us take for granted. I sincerely thank each of you for your service, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers as I celebrate Veteran’s Day this week.
Many people don’t take the time to remember the importance of this holiday. For most people, it is simply a day off of work or school. For other people, they don’t even consider it holiday.
If you want to show your service men and women how much you appreciate their service, consider self publishing a book in their honor. There are many ways you can use your goal of self publishing to honor veterans or to share your own story of being a veteran. Here are just a few ideas.
- Write a memoir – You may choose to do this for the sole purpose of using writing to heal or with the goal of sharing your story with the world.
- Write a suspense novel rooted in a veteran’s story – You could use your own life as inspiration, or interview other veterans.
- Write a book celebrating veterans – Share positive and inspiring stories about veterans. This is a great idea if you have many family members or friends who are veterans.
- Write a book to help veterans with life after the military – If you choose this topic, make sure you offer quality advice and seek professional input if necessary.
- Donate your proceeds to veterans – There are various organizations that strive to help veterans with issues such as adapting to life after war. If you’d like to help these causes, you could donate a portion or all of your book’s proceeds to the cause.
I’d love to know, how are you honoring veterans this Veteran’s Day?
|ABOUT JODEE THAYER: With over 20 years of experience in sales and management, Jodee Thayer works as the Manager of Author Services for Outskirts Press. The Author Services Department is composed of knowledgeable customer service reps and publishing consultants; together, they all focus on educating authors on the self-publishing process in order to help them publish the book of their dreams. Whether you are a professional looking to take your career to the next level with platform-driven non-fiction or a novelist seeking fame, fortune, and/or personal fulfillment, Jodee Thayer can put you on the right path.|