You may have noticed that we’ve been talking a lot about NaNoWriMo lately, but we aren’t the only ones buzzing about this exciting annual writing challenge. Here are five inspiring blog posts about NaNoWriMo that every self-publishing author should read:
- NaNoWriMo: Plot It or Pants It? : While I recently recommended spending the month before NaNoWriMo brainstorming and outlining your manuscript, there are many authors who struggle to decide if planning is the best approach for them. In this post, the blogger talks about her prior experiences with NaNoWriMo as well as her plans for this year. It is always helpful to hear about other authors’ writing experiences and preferences.
- NaNoWriMo by Insane and Uncontrolled: As an author who has participated in NaNoWriMo before, this blogger offers great insight on some of the do’s and don’ts of NaNoWriMo. My favorite tip is to buddy up. It really is important to have people who will support you during this process.
- “We’re going to do WHAT?”: How NaNoWriMo Has Changed the Lives of Over 700 of My Students: When most people think of NaNoWriMo, they think of adults trying to finish the books that have been playing in their heads for months or years, but adults aren’t the only people participating in NaNoWriMo. This great post tells the story of over 700 high school students who took part in the challenge.
- How NanoWriMo Inspired Me to Start Writing Again: Although this blogger has decided not to participate in NanoWriMo, she shares how the challenge has inspired her to set a different writing goal. If you decide not to commit to the NanoWriMo program, you can still find ways to complete your manuscript.
- 90+ Published Novels Began as NaNoWriMo Projects: Just the title of this blog post would entice writers to head over to the NaNoWriMo website to sign up. The proof is in the numbers. Previous participates have been successful, and so can you. All you have to do is try.
Have you recently found (or written) a great blog post about NaNoWriMo? Share it below.
|ABOUT KELLY SCHUKNECHT: Kelly Schuknecht is the Vice President of Outskirts Press. In addition to her contributions to the Outskirts Press blog at blog.outskirtspress.com, Kelly and a group of talented marketing experts offer book marketing services, support, and products to not only published Outskirts Press authors, but to all authors and professionals who are interested in marketing their books and/or careers. Learn more about Kelly on her blog at http://kellyschuknecht.com.|