In just two days (on September 14, 2012), the new Kindle Fire will be released. This handheld device will change the way people read and the way authors publish books. Here are a few of the details.
- 40% faster performance, twice the memory, longer battery life
- Perfect portability – thin, light, and durable
- Over 22 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, audiobooks, and
popular apps and games
- Ultra-fast web browsing over built-in Wi-Fi
- Free unlimited cloud storage for all your Amazon content
- Kindle FreeTime – a personalized tablet experience just for kids. Set
daily screen limits, and give access to appropriate content for each child. Free
on every Kindle Fire.
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library – Kindle owners can choose from more than 180,000
books to borrow for free with no due dates, including over 100 current and
former New York Times best sellers and all seven Harry Potter books.
- No Set-up Required
- Read-to-Me — With Text-to-Speech, Kindle Fire can read English-language content out loud to you, when available from the publisher.
- 1-Click Shopping
Readers are sure to love the convenience and upgraded technology offered by the Kindle Fire. Thanks to Kindle FreeTime, even children will be able to enjoy the hot , new device.
E-readers are already changing the way consumers buy and read books, and they are becoming increasingly popular. It is important that self-published authors offer a Kindle version of their books to meet the needs of readers who prefer using e-readers. By offering both a print and electronic version of your book, you can target a larger market and reach more customers. This will ultimately lead to more sales.
To learn more about the Kindle Fire, click here.
|ABOUT KELLY SCHUKNECHT: Kelly Schuknecht is the Vice President of Outskirts Press. In addition to her contributions to the Outskirts Press blog at blog.outskirtspress.com, Kelly and a group of talented marketing experts offer book marketing services, support, and products to not only published Outskirts Press authors, but to all authors and professionals who are interested in marketing their books and/or careers. Learn more about Kelly on her blog at http://kellyschuknecht.com.|