Whether you are a regular visitor of this blog or this is your first time here, something led you to us. Maybe you are interested in self-publishing or some of the specific topics discussed on this blog (like book reviews or book marketing).
In many cases, our readers come to us because they searched a particular term on Google or another search engine and that led them to one of our helpful posts. Below are the top 5 questions readers ask that bring them to our blog. Perhaps you will find answers to some of the questions you have about self-publishing (each question is conveniently linked to a post that discusses the individual topic in more detail):
- How much do authors make? – This post discusses what self-publishing authors can expect to earn in royalties and some of the considerations when it comes to successful book sales.
- How much does it cost to publish a book? – Read this post from Wendy Stetina as she advises on what self-publishing authors can expect to invest in the publication of their book, including professional cover design, copyediting, production and marketing.
- How do you market a Kindle ebook format? – This guest post from Dana Lynn Smith has been a top post for months. As the publishing industry shifts from hardcopy to ebook formats, authors want to know how to increase their ebook sales. Dana tells us just how to do that.
- How can you use tags to promote your book on Amazon? – A post by…yours truly about how to use Tags to help customers find your book on Amazon.
- Where can I find self-publishing advice? – This one doesn’t have a link because you’re already here! If you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the Self Publishing Advisor blog (top right corner of the page) and you will receive our posts directly in your email inbox. We’re glad you’re here and hope you’ll come back for more.
I would love to know, what other questions do you have about self-publishing?
|ABOUT KELLY SCHUKNECHT: Kelly Schuknecht is the Vice President of Outskirts Press. In addition to her contributions to the Outskirts Press blog at blog.outskirtspress.com, Kelly and a group of talented marketing experts offer book marketing services, support, and products to not only published Outskirts Press authors, but to all authors and professionals who are interested in marketing their books and/or careers. Learn more about Kelly on her blog at http://kellyschuknecht.com.|